I’m absolutely CRRRRRRAZY about martial arts!
This is why I think martial arts are an awesome
obsession free time activity:
- You learn how to defend yourself and your family/friends.
- You develop your strength and endurance.
- You find ways to FOCUS your mind.
- You meet fantastic people.
- You are much more coordinated than as awerage person.
- You shorten your reaction time.
- You become better at other (unrelated) things (e.g. driving a car, learning a language). Really!
- You know how to look and feel confident.
- You are much braver.
- You become a balanced person (psychologically and physically).
- You have something to do in the evenings (other than play computer games).
- Your boyfriend/girlfriend feels safe when you’re around.
- People respect you.
- You learn to respect other people.
- You know what discipline is.
- You have lots of FUN.
Should I continue? Talk to me in person and I’ll give you a hundred more.
In case you think I’m an absolute geek who can’t see the dark side…
There are some drawbacks as well:
- You make movements you can’t control, e.g. you switch the light off with a block you practised last evening.
- If you slip and fall, you land with a perfect roll.
- You keep standing in strange positions (e.g. in a crowded bus) which may look funny.
- People think you’re mad because you always count in Japanese/Chinese/Russian/etc.
- You open your bathroom door with a kick.
- Your family say you fight with your pillow at night.
- Your neightbours hear suspicious sounds.
Don’t worry, they just don’t understand 😉
Interested? Switch your computer/tablet/smartphone/whatever off NOW and start moving! Check out the possibilities in your town and try them out.