This is an experiment so the results are far from perfect but I’m still satisfied 🙂
First of all, I always use eggs from my family farm or buy organic or (less frequently) free range eggs.
This year I decided to dye them the natural way. I used three methods:
- Onion skin (from 3 large onions).
- Turmeric (a tablespoon).
- Beetroot (a large one).
My recipe was really simple:
- Wash your eggs with warm water.
- Place them in a pot with the dye.
- Pour enough water to cover the eggs.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Bring the water to a boil and then cook the eggs for approximately 15 minutes.
- Leave the eggs in the water for an hour or so.
The results depend on the method used. I was surprised to see the vibrantly coloured turmeric and onion skin-dyed eggs, but the beetroot brought almost no effect… Not even a pale shade of pink.
Perhaps I should have used more beetroots . Next time I will also leave the eggs in the dyed water for a couple of hours.
beetroot – burak
turmeric – kurkuma
free range eggs – jaj a z wolnego wybiegu
dye – farbować; barwnik